Re: [livecode] book

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 04:48:09 +0200

On 8/28/06, Andrew Brown <a.brown_at_qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Another complication is audio! These books work well for graphics but less
> well for sound so it would need to come with a CD in my view and there would
> need to be a way to visualise the music - piano roll, wave forms etc.. to
> provide some visual interest.

In the case of visualisation, shouldn't the actual code be used? I think it
would make sense to use the exact images that would be send to the projector
in a live situation.

What would be most interesting to me (but hard to realise) would be a DVD
using multiple angles. One angle would be a (or several) video cameras aimed
at the performer, the other would be a exact copy of the stream fed to the
projector.

This would remidy the main problem (at least to me) with the online clips I
saw so far of livecoding performances; you can get some idea of the
atmosphere but the screen can't be read.

I imagine this would demand either one or several events that would be the
livecoding equivalent of those parties punk bands have to record the
material live. DVD seems like a perfect (if hard to realise) medium for
this, multiple audio streams could evenbe used to switch between a direct
feed from the computer and a microphone recording.

Just some impulsive cents from me...

Yours,
Kas.