Re: [livecode] haskell

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:24:54 +0100

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 09:46 +0100, Reg Ludions wrote:
> Rohan Drape ported a version of the supercollider language first to
> scheme,
> then more recently to haskell.
>
> hsc : Modules for using Haskell with the SuperCollider synthesis server
>
> http://www.slavepianos.org/rd/f/409875/

I found this very useful thanks Reg. I lifted the OpenSoundControl
library out of it (under terms of the GPL), and with that and hs-plugins
I got something rudimentary working:
  http://yaxu.org/20/hs.avi

The code is nasty but available on request. The audio doesn't jump so
much on recompilation without the screencast software encoding...

I'm going to present this in London at techa kucha on Tuesday:
  http://upcoming.org/event/89975/

For comparison I also did a quick perl screencast:
  http://yaxu.org/20/pl.avi

Maybe also interesting is the packet forth presentation at dorkbotlondon
on Wednesday:
  http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotlondon/20060726.shtml

Tom is presenting packet forth for micro-controllers but I believe
they're also using it for interactive programming.

Cheers

alex