Re: [livecode] livecode gets angry comments

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:34:43 +0200

On 7/22/06, Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Don't know if anyone posted this link yet, but more controversy stirred up
> by the wired article?

I had seen it. That discussion was partially why I sugested placing emphasis
on how geting into livecoding need not be very hard.

I'm completely with Alex's sugestion on having a "how do I start?" section
on the site. That need not even be just for outsiders; a "how do I start"
for some of the more exotic systems floating around here would be
interesting to me (and probably many?) as well.

...That's asuming we want to be nice. If we would be in a nastier mood we
could say that of cource the IDM people won't like it since IDM is heavily
based on producers going "how did he do that?" about one another's work.
Livecoding cruely removes their precious sense of "how did he do that?"

;¬)

Yours,
Kas.