Re: [livecode] livecode gets angry comments

From: mcburton <mcburton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:01:37 -0400

On 7/22/06, Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm completely with Alex's sugestion on having a "how do I start?" section
> on the site. That need not even be just for outsiders; a "how do I start"
> for some of the more exotic systems floating around here would be
> interesting to me (and probably many?) as well.

I'm new to this list, found you all via the Wired article. I would
love to see some "how do I start?" articles up on the wiki. "Hacking
perl in nightclubs" is a good read, but I felt might leave some
new-comers in the dust. I have wanted to dive into Chuck or Fluxus,
but haven't had the time....perhaps some nice short tutorials,
(screencasts would be awesome!) on some of the basics.

Livecoding has a very bright future (IMHO), not just in the
performance/art space, but in computing in general. I think you guys
are doing groundbreaking work, keep it up!

mcb