Re: [livecode] new members

From: Peter Plessas <plessas_at_mur.at>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 21:31:47 +0200

Hi all,

time to say hello from Graz/Austria. I don't know if PureData (and other
patcher languages) do suffice the toplap manifesto, but we are happy
using pd in a performance called "blind date" where we approach the live
coding/audience challenge by using two computers, one making audio, the
other video/3D. Both screens with the patches are displayed as well.
We take live-coding to another level by letting two people work on the
same box, using two sets of mice, keyboards and monitors, to allow
collaborative patching where one has to allow the other to program as
well,plus making changes to what your partner has already done on screen.
In the recent version of this performance setup, more people than
computers were available, so we would make a change every 5 minutes,
resulting in the player sitting in front of a fresh patch, unknown so
far to himself, struggling with the way to add/modify it.
We see this as a quite promising way to do live-coding, collaborative
patching, and audience interaction at the same time.

Photos: http://pd-graz.mur.at/concerts/blinddate?b_start:int=10

happy to see this list coming up!

regards,

Peter