[livecode] livecode -> midi

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:25:49 +0200

Hi

After a lot of introductions, I figured my questions maybe got lost in
my own introduction. So I'll try again:

I'd like to know if anyone knows of software that'll allow at least some
of the things livecoding is about, with output send to midi? I know most
apps have some kind of midi out possibilities, but I'm looking for
something more directly geared towards this.

The reason is I made a large number of midi enabled csound instruments
that I use heavily live. Currently I'm "just" playing them from my usb
keyboards in band settings, but I'd like to supplement that with some
kind of livecoding ability, esp algorithmic approaches interrests me.

I looked at Mondrian
(http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/~brinkman/software/mondrian/index.html)
but it lacks a few features to be truely valuable in livecoding situations.

I run linux/debian/stable.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte