[livecode] another introduction

From: James Baker <cycle.code.media_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:32:02 +1000

Well, i guess its my turn.

As far as traditional instruments go, I play guitar (poorly) and have
done so for the quite some time. My current musical project is based
around work in pure data, with which I create layered droning textures
which evolve over time. I try to keep it as far away from a 'digital'
sound as possible, often using input from guitar as the basis of the
sound structure and then let the computer carry it away till it is far
removed from the original.

Lately though, I've been experimenting with supercollider and to a
lesser extent chuck. Although recently i find myself stuck on a
windows box, which makes using supercollider more challenging.

Currently I'm working on my own little livecoding environment, which
after several drafts/revisions/deletions is beginning to take shape.

The problems / solutions of audience interaction issues with
livecoders (and laptop musicians in general), is certainly something
which I would be very interested in hearing some opinions on.

cheers,

James