[livecode] sonar etc

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:05:34 +0100 (BST)

hi livecoders,

well, sonar was great fun for me, even if I managed to miss nearly
everything except stuff I had to turn up and do (sorry Paul, meant to make
it to your talk and try to meet you but got lost wandering around)

the slub vs nebogeo gig seemed popular with the crowd - a great reaction
at the end as the music built up to such a crescendo that it broke ade's
laptop ;)

a couple of friends of mine in the audience enjoyed it, and importantly,
got the core idea behind what we were doing (I deliberately tried to avoid
explaining much to them beforehand) - but had some observations, mainly
along the lines that it all looked quite confusing what was going on -
despite the huge projections.

simplifying interfaces and code is something we could investigate. also
building up slower and trying to start all code from scratch makes things
easier for the audience to follow - it may be more to do with our nervous
state (well mine anyway) at playing a large crowd that the temptation is
to throw everything together too quickly, and load chunks of code I know
work.

anyway, I made quite a lot of changes to fluxus in the days before sonar,
there is a new release availible here:
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/fluxus/
plus a sneakily stolen photograph of the performance in the screenshots
section :)

cheers,

dave