Re: [livecode] sonar etc

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:57:06 +0100

Hi all,

Yep sonar was great fun, my only regret was not being able to enjoy (and
react to) Dave's live video, it being projected behind us. We discussed
putting a screen in front of us to solve this problem...

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 13:05 +0100, Dave Griffiths wrote:
> a couple of friends of mine in the audience enjoyed it, and importantly,
> got the core idea behind what we were doing (I deliberately tried to avoid
> explaining much to them beforehand) - but had some observations, mainly
> along the lines that it all looked quite confusing what was going on -
> despite the huge projections.

Yes I think the huge projections suggested that people were supposed to
know what was going on. I think the audio livecoding should be
obfuscated.

I missed Paul Webb's talk too but heard rumours that it didn't mention
TOPLAP or TOPLAP members, and even worse, that he ordered the
technicians to take his screen off the projected screens for his
performance. Could this be true Paul?

Dorkbotgent was great fun too, a very nice weekend of upset waitresses,
football and good beer although I've since found out I had a hospital
acquired infection at the time so was a bit vague throughout. Got
some nice photos of Nick during a post-performance warm down though:

  http://flickr.com/photos/yaxu/22340450/

I am really enjoying livecoding now, getting more confident with
adapting scripts live and doing little bits of from-scratch livecoding.
It's becoming easier to do longer sets as we seem to all relax into the
on-the-fly way.

Take care all!

alex