Re: [livecode] re: happy codeday

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:22:14 +0100

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:01:46 -0800, Craig Latta wrote
> Nice comments Ade; thanks.
>
> > Encouraged through our remarks that we'd be listening to each
> other > however, she felt this was clearly not happening during the
> > performance...
>
> Yeah, I agree. It was an exquisitely frustrating experience in that
> regard for me... I wished very much at the time that we were doing a
> multi-night gig, with opportunities to discuss how things went on a
> previous night, and informed retries afterward.

I guess the encouraging thing is that these problems are not faced through
anything *particually* to do with live coding itself, but more basic problems
with communicating during a performance.

Some sort of enforced structure would be very helpful in these situations I think.

Perhaps roles should be assigned (drummer/bass/lead type of thing)

A really pure livecode jam would be to work on one piece of code, like a
highly compressed software project using a live type of concurrent source
control. Then we'd be forced to read/listen to what everyone is doing. We'd
all be working on one thing, not splitting off in multiple directions (maybe)...

dave