[livecode] EMF promo

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:05:12 +0000

Hi all,
       Joel Chadabe contacted me yesterday about adding TOPLAP events to
his worldwide laptop festival. I said we were doing transmediale and sonar
in the coming months, below. Originally he was going to contact people last
September, hence my slight reluctance to commit to do anything for him at
this late stage. transmediale falls outside the official start date of 10
feb for his festival.
   Might be worth some promotion (though surely won't get us any more
audience for this weekend!) but I'm a bit suspicious because there are no
funds and we do all the work; EMF just claim our event as part of their
festival.
   What do people think, want to stay independent?

cheers

Hi Nick,

All is not lost. TOPLAP is so interesting that I think we should include it
as a curtain-raiser, so to speak, or at least we can assign it that role so
that it's a part of the documentation. If you'd like to do that, please do
send pictures, program copy, notes, whatever you think would make clear
what you've done to a public reading about this into the future.

If you can send some information now, I'll put it in our calendar ...
valuable because we can then include it in an email going out before the
weekend. For the info we need, have a look at ...

http://www.arts-electric.org/aboutus/listing.html

and send the info directly to me.

Best,

Joel