Re: [livecode] technical riders for club transmediale 05 (fwd)

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:13:50 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, alex wrote:

a>
a> I'm pro-screen-blending too. I'm wondering if we should ask for extra
a> switchers for the other two projectors? Or would that just add chaos?
a>

who would we ask for that? a powered VGA switch is not really a standard
item.

one idea i had: if we have some spare budget and want to buy another
presentation jockey (about $115 USD or 90 euros), i could leave it with
you, and so there'd be one stationed in europe for future toplap shows.
the downside - they only come with US power adaptors, so you
have to either use a transformer with it or buy a 220V power adaptor with
AC output (most of the aftermarket ones output DC, but AC ones exist).

another possibility would be to use normal kvm switches for the other
projectors, in the hopes that by leaving one port unconnected it would
output black to the projector... but i'm not to sure of that - would have
to test it first.

yeah, it adds a bit of chaos in any case; that's why i wonder if we have a
tech check first.

-_at_