Re: [livecode] technical riders for club transmediale 05 (fwd)

From: Amy Alexander <amy_at_plagiarist.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:36:54 -0800 (PST)

yeah, but unless ClubTM have multiple screens or an extremely large one we
would wind up with really tiny projections if we try putting them side by
side. if you think about the aspect ratio and how area is computed, you'll
realize that each projection would wind up being not 1/3 the size of the
screen, but 1/9. so we'd have a horizontal band of very small images near
the top of the screen. and this is also assuming that clubTM would be able to
physically mount the projectors much closer to the screen for us so we
could get the smaller throw.

however, we can ask clubTM if they have multiple screens - or a really big
screen.

other things to keep in mind... the "switched" projection will sometimes
be in black, either during a switch or we can do it deliberately to allow
the other screens to be clearer. there will also probably be various
moments of "projector searching" while someone's computer crashes or
people switch as to who's playing. all these things can be mitigated with
superimposed images - on the other hand, with three projections, maybe we
wouldn't care so much?

what i think would be a good solution would be if each of the 'unswitched'
projections could also be black sometimes. however, i only have one
"jockey" switch. we could try to pick up some inexpensive kvm switches
that could theoretically send a "black" signal on the unused inputs.
however, i'm a bit reluctant - the more gadgets we have, the more things
go wrong. do we at least have a tech check sometime before the show? if
nobody knows, i can ask anke.

another option - we could only use 2 projectors. this was what i think we
wound up with at aarhus after fredrik's computer stopped transmitting. or
perhaps we should request 3, and then perhaps decide later to only use 2.

thoughts?
-_at_