Re: [livecode] arse lectronica

From: Adrian Ward <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:41:53 +0000

On 18 Jan 2005, at 9:15 am, alex wrote:

> Tsch, it's almost as though they review a promotional video rather than
> the work itself... I suppose they have a lot of entries to get through
> and this reduces entries and makes them easier to digest.

I think they see it as an opportunity for the artist to represent
themselves properly using perhaps a different medium. We should rise to
the challenge if we're serious about submitting ourselves, but if we're
only doing it to garner attention then we shouldn't bother.

> I suggest we either abide by the submission rules to the letter or
> completely ignore them. If you need to make a video I could help with
> turning an encoding into a tape if that's what they want. Perhaps we
> could make a 1 minute video of live coding each, and splice them all
> together, with something of the live jam at the end?
>
> Otherwise we should ignore the submission rules and you should send
> whatever you like. That might be the best option :)

My recommendation is that we abide by the rules, I think they will
ignore anything that isn't on DVD or tape (unless otherwise mentioned).

Do people feel up to each making a short 1 minute film of their own
activity? I can collect and edit into a mini-documentary if so.