Re: [livecode] arse lectronica

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:15:26 +0000

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 09:15 +0000, Nick Collins wrote:
> I have registered to submit something on behalf of TOPLAP but we have till
> March 1st. I assume that Interactive Art is a better category than the
> visually exclusive Digital Music:
>
> http://www.aec.at/en/global/news.asp?iNewsID=672
>
> only problem is they require a 10 min promotional video. I can easily
> submit a CD-ROM with movie snips from Aarhus, Ultrasound etc and
> documentation (the whole TOPLAP site for instance) but any one have any
> thoughts on how best to do promotional film- should we just send lots of
> docs and ignore their video requirement?

Tsch, it's almost as though they review a promotional video rather than
the work itself... I suppose they have a lot of entries to get through
and this reduces entries and makes them easier to digest.

What format do they want the video in? I remember Ade did this once
(and got a fine honorary mention) but had to make a VHS tape. Is that
still the rule?

I suggest we either abide by the submission rules to the letter or
completely ignore them. If you need to make a video I could help with
turning an encoding into a tape if that's what they want. Perhaps we
could make a 1 minute video of live coding each, and splice them all
together, with something of the live jam at the end?

Otherwise we should ignore the submission rules and you should send
whatever you like. That might be the best option :)

alex