Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: toplap workshop at transmediale]

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:48:09 +0000

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 15:27 -0800, Amy Alexander wrote:
> is this different from the one i'm supposed to introduce? from jan's
> latest mail, it looks to me like there's only one presentation now, not
> one-hour at club tm and two-hour at tm, which is what i thought we were
> going to do.

It is different, the mini-panel and workshop is still the same as Jan
specified (see below). If you'd like to introduce the pre-workshop
presentations rather than the mini panel at club transmediale that's no
problem.

I think everything is clear between us and the organisers, but sometime
next week we can prepare a final proposal just to make sure before they
go to print.

alex

Sunday 6.2.
20:00 - 22:00
Toplap Presentation and Live-Jam at club transmediale

This would be in the so called "cinema-room" with seated audience. but no
worries, club transmediale is still a rough place and no university
audimax...:). 3 data-projectors and audio mixer will be available for this
event. I would like you to first introduce the Toplap concept and manifesto
and give an introduction in several live-coding systems and discuss them.
the idea of short drafts and examples sound good, to make people in the
audience who are not familiar with the concept and its possibilities
understand better. It would be important that the live coding jam is both
sonar and visual and that the introduction and talk also addresses themes of
interaction of sound /image, differences of sound/image for coding systems
(if there are) etc. We present toplap in the framework of a series of
performances and talks titled "Live Cinema". This program investigates into
the conceptional intersection of live generated image and sound.
Presentation and talk should be no longer than one hour. than you would have
another hour for the jam. It could be as many people involved in the jam as
you want.