Re: [livecode] [Fwd: Re: toplap workshop at transmediale]

From: Ge Wang <gewang_at_CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:59:54 -0500

On Dec 9, 2004, at 3:13 PM, Amy Alexander wrote:

> can chuck/jitlib and/or any other interested apps run ok under knoppix?
> if so, maybe we could build some knoppix cd's with the relevant apps
> already installed, and then hand them out at the workshop to people who
> have windows machines with them.

This is an interesting idea! ChucK runs under various flavors of Linux,
with OSS/ALSA/Jack (the last is most unstable however), but we have
never tried it with knoppix (how good is the "ad hoc" sound driver
support
with knoppix?) Will look into this. How many people will
have PC vs. mac's? It is the most predictable installing ChucK under
OS X, but it is not hard under linux/win32.

Best,
Ge!