AW: AW: AW: [livecode] toplap at club transmediale

From: Jan Rohlf <jan_at_clubtransmediale.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:51:11 +0100

hi alex,

> Hi Jan,
>
> Your proposal is very nicely considered and very clear, thanks for that.
> I don't think there's anything in the structure we want to change. We
> should be able to find extra funding ourselves now so I think all will
> be present, to support the proposal fully.

ok, great.

> The hour-long talk followed by hour-long jam sounds great, as does the
> full day workshop. Amy suggests the talk should be quite conceptual in
> focus, with only very brief introduction to the tools themselves, to
> ground the discussion. So it would be more about how the participants
> feel and think about live coding than the tools themselves. It's then
> of course followed by the very practical livecoding Jam where people can
> see more, and the in-depth tours of the software in the workshop.
could you send me a list of participants and a very short description of the
content of the talk. it would also be good to have very short bios of all
participants + urls, if they have. or do you want to appear as an annonymous
collective..? guess not, or?
Also I would need image material 1-3 pictures of previous presentations or
performances and/or the toplap logo in print resolution. These materials
would be needed quickly. Is it possible to send it by this weekend?

> If you need someone for a panel discussion you have the choice of all of
> us, although perhaps it would be fun to have Ade <adrian_at_signwave.co.uk>
> doing that.

ok. still thinking about it, but most likely we will leave it as it is now:
presentation, live jam, workshop. no further panel.

> I hear there could be placard headphone performances on the
> Wednesday/Thursday, I would likely be involved in that too!
yes, it happens. and I heard you are doing the website for erik...;) great.
we would be happy if you participate...

> A couple of questions...
>
> Will we all be given festival passes? There could be up to 11 of us
> now.
yes, you will.

> What are the artists flats like? Is there space for us to bring
> girlfriends/partners?
actually the spave in the artist flats is limited. so no girlfriends. If
there ismore free space, it would be more usefull to give it to other toplap
members, no? as you need more spaces for accommodation still. We work on the
plan for accommodation. I will be able top tell you wether there is
additional space soon.
> Our accommodation will be a bit of a stretch, could you find space for
> three of us rather than two?

What happened to the c-base side project? any date fixed yet? if so, could
you give a contact so that I could arrange a cooperation with them? My
colleague Anke will get in touch with you these days because of flight
bookings and tech riders.

best
++jan

> Take care,