[livecode] workshop structure

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:12:02 +0000

How does this look for example?

Session 1: ChucK, fluxus, PureEvents, redFrik, musique litttéral
12:00 - introduction and ChucK presentation
12:45 - fluxus presentation
13:05 - PureEvents
13:25 - redFrik
13:45 - musique litttéral
14:05 - installathon and hands-on workshop

Session 2: jitlib, The Thingee, noisepattern, feedback.pl
16:00 - introduction and jitlib
17:45 - The Thingee
17:05 - noisepattern
17:25 - feedback.pl
17:45 - installathon and hands-on workshop
18:05 - finish

It allows for a delayed start, for 30-40 minute keynote presentations,
and 10-15 minute presentations, with questions. If session 1 overruns,
then one of the short presentations could move to the second session.
If one or more of us can't make it, then that's more time for the
hands-on workshop.

I tried to split similar presentations into different categories, the
rest is arbitrary...

The workshop usually has 10-15 participants. We might outnumber them!
I've asked what the capacity is, and whether they have a bigger room.

I guess our technical requirements would be audio and two data
projectors.

Carsten at transmediale asks if we want to have a jam with the
participants on the "salon stage" after the workshop. I'm in two minds
about this, it is an opportunity but that stage has problems. It's in
the cafe area and is right next to stairs, so quite often there are a
lot of people looking the other way. I suppose it would work better for
an ad-hoc jam session than it would for some of the more formal
presentations that they have there.

Thoughts?

alex