[livecode] re: toplap at club transmediale

From: Craig Latta <craig_at_netjam.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:14:36 -0800

Hi!

        I like Alex's suggested programme.

        Amy writes:

> perhaps we should emphasize the conceptual discussion in the
> talk/panel and keep discussion of each tool very short - i.e.
> discussing each app in the context of the author's particular
> interest/reasaons/opinions about livecoding... thus hopefully
> whetting appetites for interested folks to come to the workshops.
> then present the tools in more depth at the workshops. how does that
> sound?

        That sounds very good.

        For what it's worth, my system is currently called "musique littéral"
("literal music"). The name is meant as a companion to the venerable
term "musique concrete", and refers to the fact that I'm making music
"word for word", using natural language with an interactive-fiction
interface. It's also a pun on "literal value" in the computer-science
sense. I also considered "musique littéraire" ("literary music"); I'd
appreciate any feedback people have about it. :)

        The system is also cross-platform, and installs by copying a file. (I'm
writing an explanatory website for it now, I expect to turn it on around
1 January).

        thanks again,

-C

--