Re: AW: AW: [livecode] toplap at club transmediale

From: Nick Collins <nc272_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:16:47 +0000

This is excellent, lots more time than I was anticipating.

The main systems in the workshop could be ChucK/jitlib, half day each,
that's an exciting lineup, and would make sense for participants
subscribing in advance. Would that be Ok with Julian/Alberto/Ge?

It's also possible of course that the day is touted as an 'Introduction to
Live Coding' and they also try out some other systems, but ChucK/SC would
seem to be the most accessible systems for obtaining in advance and
continuing with afterwards- many other things are more personal custom
approaches, whilst these are cross platform and designed for end-users.

We also have this hour of presentation before the jam to present/discuss
lots of systems and not necessarily have to teach them. And there is no
reason why there can't be further small demoes as bonus material for the
workshop. I guess Ge/Julian should make a proposal about how they'd like to
run half day events.

It looks like we should have the funds required to get Amy and Ge across
and grab some extra European travel, I don't see a problem with
transmediale funding 2 Uk people, they'll indirectly fund more (I already
said I was happy to pay for myself to come across if necessary).

The program looks exciting.

Alex, did you e-mail Jan back yet to say thanks/yes? I can do so if you
want...