AW: AW: [livecode] toplap at club transmediale

From: Jan Rohlf <jan_at_clubtransmediale.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:54:24 +0100

Hi Alex and all the others involved,

thank you for the first draft for atoplap participation. We have made up
our minds and sorted out things a bit more:

Our proposal would be for now:

Sunday 6.2.
20:00 - 22:00
Toplap Presentation and Live-Jam at club transmediale

This would be in the so called "cinema-room" with seated audience. but no
worries, club transmediale is still a rough place and no university
audimax...:). 3 data-projectors and audio mixer will be available for this
event. I would like you to first introduce the Toplap concept and manifesto
and give an introduction in several live-coding systems and discuss them.
the idea of short drafts and examples sound good, to make people in the
audience who are not familiar with the concept and its possibilities
understand better. It would be important that the live coding jam is both
sonar and visual and that the introduction and talk also addresses themes of
interaction of sound /image, differences of sound/image for coding systems
(if there are) etc. We present toplap in the framework of a series of
performances and talks titled "Live Cinema". This program investigates into
the conceptional intersection of live generated image and sound.
Presentation and talk should be no longer than one hour. than you would have
another hour for the jam. It could be as many people involved in the jam as
you want.

Monday 7.2.
Workshop at transmediale
Haus der Kulturen der Welt

There you could do a whole day workshop, which should be divided in two
seperate parts (most likely one in the morning, one in the afternoon). These
two parts should be independent in the way that it should be possible to
attend the afternoon-workshop without having attended the morning workshop.
The workshop is for a limited amount of participants, but should address to
a wide audience and not only high skilled geeks...:) It should be an
introductionary workshop.

Carsten Stabenow from transmediale will take care of that. He will work out
the details together with you. I cc this email to him and he will get in
touch with you independently.

Another panel participation for tuesday 8.2. is thinkable. but we still work
on it and it will take a bit more time. If so I will post that seperately as
soon as we have a clear sketch on what the panel will be about. so don't
count on that.

Travel:
- club transmediale will pay travel expenses for 2 participants from UK

Accomodation:
- club transmediale can accomodate 2, maybe more participants (if necessary)
in artists flats (with daily breakfast). should be figured out in the next
weeks.

Budget:
- transmediale will pay 300.- EUR for the workshop
- club transmediale will pay 300.- EUR for presentation and jam

please let me know if this sounds good to you or what should/could be
altered. Please coordinate these dates with any off-transmediale event at
c-base. it is of course cool if that happens, but it should not interfer
with these two dates, as we are not so flexible anymore with our
program-structure. Most parts are already fixed and booked.

best whishes
++jan

> On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 11:51 +0100, Jan Rohlf wrote:
>> panel would actually mean the participation of a toplap member in a panel.
>
> Thanks Jan,
>
> We're still trying to work out what's best among ourselves, it's quite
> difficult to come to consensus with the time lag of mailing lists, but
> some of our thoughts are here:
>
> http://toplap.org/?node=Transmediale2005
>
> This might change quite a lot during the course of the day (it probably
> includes more of my ideas than anyone elses), but hopefully it gives you
> some ideas.
>
> Let us know what you think, or as it's a wiki you can make your own
> comments there if you wish.
>
> Best wishes
>
> alex

club transmediale