Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: [livecode] toplap at club transmediale (fwd)

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:24:43 +0000

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 09:01 +0000, Nick Collins wrote:
> We need to submit something this afternoon: main points:
>
> There is no funding from transmediale to cover Us flights, but we can cover
> Ge if the ultrasound money comes in.

I disagree - we should try to cover both Ge and Amy. We're not far off,
see money below.

> I don't know where this half day workshop idea has come from (we can run
> ourselves at c-base or something but there is no official slot for that,
> see below).

The half day workshop was proposed by Jan, has become "optional," but I
think it would be great. It would be a workshop in the main
transmediale venue, the house of world cultures. Jan will let us know
today whether we are on for that or not, I'll let him know that we're
keen. If they can't host it we can look into holding it in another
partner event, we have other contacts to try.

> panel= mix of presentations?
> performance= live jam, multi projector
> talk= Ge? Or Julian and Alberto?

When Jan says 'panel' he means 'participation in a panel by one TOPLAP
member' (I'll clarify this too). However I guess we can propose turning
the talk into an introduction followed by panel discussion.

MONEY

If club transmediale cover 3 from the UK that leaves

1 x uk flight _at_ 75 euros
2 x internal train fares (how much would that be?)
1 x flight from west coast us (about 408 euros)
1 x flight from east coast us (about 350 euros)

We have 708 euros.

So we're not missing that much, especially with Amy and Ge are
investigating funding opportunities. In fact we're so close that we
could choose between a UK flight and a US one.

alex