Re: [livecode] transmediale travel

From: Ge Wang <gewang_at_CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:36:48 -0500

> Ge and Amy's flights from the US are the biggest challenge. Jan from
> transmediale asked for people from Europe, saying US flights were too
> expensive, although we should ask again.
>
> Amy/Ge - how likely are you to be able to find alternative funding for
> travel?

Quite difficult to find alternative funding - the most I can find may
be some
partial support (which I will ask about regardless, so that $$ can go
to other
areas/people), but it probably won't cover the bulk of the travel cost.

As for the content of our presentation, if there is only a half day for
toplap,
then I tend to agree with Alex on there not really being enough time for
tutorial style workshops (unless there are parallel sessions?).
However,
if I am able to attend, I would very much like to do a semi-formal
presentation
on ChucK/Audicle (30min + questions). It is but one toplap approach,
but
it does give a comprehensive story of language -> method -> real-time
environment. Of course, this is contingent on its appropriateness to
our
final program and travel feasibility.

Best,
Ge!