[livecode] rehersing and planning

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:02:15 +0100

hi all,

just to pick up on something alex mentioned (don't have his email to quote
right now) about planning livecode performances...

I haven't ever played non-livecoding :) but I seem to plan things out in a
very broad sense, with ideas to follow during a performance - ie

0 mins : start with percussion
     two parts, interplaying with each other
5 mins : move on to a simple melody
     copy/paste and modify versions of the same melody on different voices
     make the melody more sparse (lots of gaps and slower)
10 mins : start hitting randomise
     pick a melody and develop it in the foreground

I imagine this isn't that different to how you would broadly plan any musical
performance (well obviously you wouldn't start hitting randomise on a flute,
but you see what I mean)

I don't think I like the idea of memorising a script and just typing it out
live (I don't know if that was what you were getting at alex) I like to think
things could be a little more fluid than that...

cheers,

dave