Re: [livecode] new site layout looks good- added a small paper

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:41:16 +0100

The new design is ace.

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 23:06, Adrian Ward wrote:
> I like the idea of grade exams in livecoding. I started writing a
> proposed scheme for how the ABRSM could assess livecoding skills, but I
> need some help finishing it.
>
> http://www.toplap.org/?LivecodingGrades

Fantastic! I wouldn't like to step in the beautiful prose in my current
state of mind, but some ideas:

1/ something about being able to encode a given algorithm without any
syntax errors or bugs, or perhaps to be fairer, no more than (say) three
goes at compiling and running it.

2/ the student being able to execute a given piece of psuedo code in
their head

3/ a later level could involve 2/, but with three levels of recursion

4/ on top of the 'getting 100 people to dance' point in grade 5, a much
later grade could require "getting 100 electro-accoustic musicians to
dance without the use of intoxicants"

5/ Show ability to dance convincingly to a given algorithm without it
being sonified

alex