[livecode] a notation system for live coding music

From: Dave Griffiths <dave_at_pawfal.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:47:51 +0100

Hi all,

I've been doing more work on the live music tools I used for placard, and I
thought I'd document the score system a bit more formally, as It's become
integral to the whole setup, and might be of interest to other people:

http://www.pawfal.org/index.php?page=ScoreCode

I've mentioned it here before, I'm still not sure if it counts as live coding,
but the way it's used is to have text entry fields for the axiom and rules of
an l system which produces the final (usually quite large) score strings that
the sequencer can play.

There is a screenshot of the old setup here:
http://www.pawfal.org/Software/noiseengine/images/live.png
The five windows along the middle of the screen are the melodic lsystem
generators, with the axiom entry at the top - all containing "!1" which simply
resets the frequency and instanciates rule 1. The four text entry fields in
the middle are the rules.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Arhus, looks like it could be quite
popular, I'm having quite a bit of difficulty finding somewhere to stay - so
it could be the campsite for me :)

cheers,

dave