Re: [livecode] text editing

From: alex <alex_at_state51.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:51:41 +0000

I was thinking for a while about how to arrange text output of the code
that's running while I edit it. I was thinking about having half the
screen occupied by the text editor and the other half containing the
output of the program.

Then I had an idea - why not just have one window, and let the program
modify its code? Then the program can modify its own algorithms on the
fly, and add comments to the code that comment upon the status of the
running process. So that's what I've done...

http://www2.slab.org/lc.gif

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 04:54, Amy Alexander wrote:
> cool! will you open source it? vj übergeek could have some fun developing
> that into other sorts of applications, i spect...

It'll be GPL'd although it's not ready for publication just yet...
Here's a sneak preview though:

http://slab.org/lc.tar.gz