[livecode] Re: Future distributed ICLC?

From: Mauro <lavaramano_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 08:30:45 -0300

Hi Alex,

Perhaps i misunderstood your goal here and started ranting away (?).
I was thinking about "general" conferences (from i don't know,
dockerconf? to whateverconf), most of the times are held in those
places.
There are confs that have smaller versions of the same conf, for
example PyCon: there's PyCon US, the Argentinian, the Colombian,
Korean, Kiwi, etc. and from my understanding is that the _main_ conf
is the one in the US.
Some LCLC (Local CLC) will draw more attention than others (and not
because out-of-control-egos-or-evil-personalities. as i said, not
pointing any finger or accusing of conspiracy :-)), and i feel it
would be good to try to avoid this, otherwise there's the issue i
mentioned in my other email.
Some of the points listed by Scott (Fradkin) are interesting and seem
to be aligned with what David (Ogborn) wrote about 'anon peer review'
and 'previous ICLC experiences', which to me are going to be the
weakest points for any Local CLC (otherwise, a regular local meeting
with a fancy title).

And yes, i'm aware of your efforts on keeping the community open (and
not gatekeeped), so no worries.
One last thing: I mentioned Joanne's trip basically because of the
huge difference between societies (from ARG and from GB, for example),
and if these exchanges don't happen it's kind of a shame.

_at_Charlie:
https://i.imgur.com/1hlvPcg.gif

_at_Norah:
Sorry for taking your tweet out of context to vent :-)

Saludos,
Mauro