[livecode] Re: Future distributed ICLC?

From: Alex McLean <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 21:04:44 +0100

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 20:21, Sarah Groff-Palermo
<sarah.groff.palermo_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I also just want to emphasize again that saying you won't fly is a very different commitment in England than on the other side of the Atlantic — both because of proximity to other nations and because, let's be honest, the English scene are the center / gatekeepers of the livecode scene in general.* That doesn't mean people don't care but it does mean they might give up other things or make other choices.

I think that's changing - I was really sad to miss Algorithmic
Assembly and SXSW in the US, although realise the latter was a UK
instigation too.

I don't see how the UK scene are gatekeepers. Personally, I try to
share the keys as much as possible, but I'm all ears how to do better.