[livecode] ANNOUNCE: TOPLAP live coding moot, 1st-3rd Sept 2018, Sheffield UK

From: Alex McLean <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 15:00:34 +0100

TOPLAP Live Coding Moot

Access Space, Sheffield UK

pre-events: 1st Sept 2018
moot: 2nd-3rd Sept 2018

Full info: https://toplap.org/moot2018/
Tickets: https://tickets.partyforthepeople.org/events/3823-toplap-moot

A “moot” is an assembly, for an exchange of thoughts and ideas on
speculative topics. This moot is designed for active practitioners,
from occasional tinkerers to regular performers, to promote open
exchange of ideas, techniques and software.

Imposters welcome, we're keen to make this an opportunity for those on
the fringes of the live coding community to get more involved!

We’ll start with associated events on 1st September – a SONA workshop
for women and non-binary people by day, and (of course) an Algorave
into the night.

Then the moot will begin on 2nd September with talks and workshops
over two days. See here for the emerging schedule:
https://toplap.org/moot2018/

If you'd like to contribute a talk, workshop, or performance please
fill out this short form, and we'll get back to you.
  https://goo.gl/forms/DNybCk3GaRZwnUV33

This event has grown out of cultural exchange programme between live
coders in Tokyo Japan, and Yorkshire UK, funded by Daiwa
Anglo-Japanese Foundation, Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation, and Arts
Council, England.