Re: [livecode] Wtf is live coding?

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 21:39:34 +0000

I'm going to have to bite..

On 24 December 2015 at 19:25, David Barbour <dmbarbour_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Live coding is using a powerful language as an HCI. This is opposed to
> using application specific language (predefined forms or widgets, a weak
> CLI language, etc.) that hinder flexible expression or abstraction.
>
> I think it's worth separating live coding from its application in
> performance and music. With augmented reality, and internet of things, or
> semantic webs, we could see a much wider applications.

Yeah we wouldn't want to see such a passing, limited interest topic
such as "music" seen in the same light as these three much more
important, far sighted and serious applications! It's not as though
music is woven into just about every human ritual or anything like
that.

(Sure live coding is widely applicable, but don't see why you want to
keep the performing arts in a separate box as AR, IoT and semweb..)

Seasons greetings to all!

http://yaxu.org/
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode: