Re: [livecode] live coding with EarSketch

From: alex <alex_at_slab.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 22:24:20 +0100

I really enjoyed the piece, and the analysis driven effect was a nice
surprise at the end. Thanks for sharing, Jason! It's interesting that
the visualisation helps you keep aware of the pace of change, I think
this is one of the key skills of live coding performance and
improvisation.. Counting while coding.

Patrick, Julian made something in SuperCollider that let you schedule
code changes ahead of time, although I don't think events were
visualised in this way.

Here's another python live coding environment by Ryan Kirkbride, fresh
from Yorkshire:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNTp_ECpxBY

I've always felt it strange that there weren't more Python live coding
environments, it seems like it should be well suited to it. Has anyone
done live coding with ipython notebook?

cheers

alex

http://yaxu.org/