Re: [livecode] First live coding performance? Tom DeFanti, 1976, with video / paper

From: Alan Blackwell <afb21_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 08:32:33 +0000

Thanks Julian - very interesting.

Did those "conversations" take place in private between Kurd Alsleben and Cord Passow, or in front of an audience? (I followed links, but my German wasn't up to it).

I'm interested in how the conversation, as a creative process, was manifested in the reception of the work (if you like, it is "show us your code" for the analog era).

Alan

On 4 Dec 2014, at 08:20, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:

> On 03.12.2014, at 11:04, James Noble <kjx_at_ecs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>>> Are there examples of people live coding analog and mechanical computers?
>>
>> I guess the question is where do you draw the lines. Turing completeness?
>

> Possibly conversational programming (or programming conceived of as a dialogical process). An early protagonist of that for analog computing would be Kurd Alsleben in Hamburg of course:
>
> http://monoskop.org/Kurd_Alsleben
> --
>
> Read the whole topic here: livecode:
> http://lurk.org/r/topic/2iXnsE8SzZDZpLcPIcRogZ

Alan Blackwell
Reader in Interdisciplinary Design, University of Cambridge
Further details from www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~afb21/
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode:
http://lurk.org/r/topic/6ruW0L3iVLlP1H4lSeMwQZ