Re: [livecode] First live coding performance? Tom DeFanti, 1976, with video / paper

From: James Noble <kjx_at_ecs.vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 23:04:49 +1300

On 3/12/2014, at 22:55 pm, thor <th.list_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> There are probably people all over the world who will recognise that they've been live coding in the past if the concept is introduced to them.

hmm, does Sketchpad count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USyoT_Ha_bA

> Are there examples of people live coding analog and mechanical computers?

I guess the question is where do you draw the lines. Turing completeness?

On something like the MONIAC, there's a difference between running the simulation,
adjusting the macroeconomic parameters of the model, and building the computer.
If adjusting the parameters counts as coding, is the whole demo livecoding?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MONIAC_Computer

James
--
Read the whole topic here: livecode: