[livecode] McMaster MA in Communication and New Media

From: David Ogborn <ogbornd_at_mcmaster.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 16:22:45 -0500

Dear friends,

This is just a short email to call your attention to our MA program in Communication and New Media at McMaster in Hamilton, Canada. I'd be particularly interested to talk with potential candidates about projects with live coding connections!

The forwarded announcement below has some more information. Thanks in advance for forwarding this information to people you think may be interested - and don't hesitate to get in touch with me personally with questions, ideas, etc! The final deadline for all applications is 23 Jan 2014.

Yours truly,
David

Begin forwarded message:
> Dear Colleague,
>
> The Department of Communication Studies & Multimedia at McMaster University is pleased to invite applications to our MA in Communication & New Media for September 2014.
>
> With best wishes,
> Andrew Mactavish
> Chair, M.A. Program in Communication and New Media
> ______________________________________________________________________________________________
>
> Master of Arts in Communication & New Media at McMaster University
>
> ADMISSIONS DEADLINE
> January 23, 2014
>
> PROGRAM FACT SHEET
>
> Critical insight, creative expression and professional development - an interdisciplinary spectrum of fields and research methods.
>
> Students work closely with faculty on major research or creative projects, affording a personalized experience to the student and significant opportunities for co-publication and engagement in faculty research and creative projects.
>
> Course Load:
> 6 one-term courses + pro seminar + major research paper or major creative project
>
> Length of Program:
> 12 months (3 terms)
>
> Number of Places:
> We will be accepting approximately 18 students into the program for 2014-15. We especially welcome applications that propose to combine both communication and new media in either a major research paper or project.
>
> What Our Students Go On to Do:
> The program prepares students for further graduate education in the areas of communication, media and multimedia study, and for employment in a range of fields such as media production, media administration, communication policy, organizational communication, public relations and the arts.
>
> Contact Information:
> Christine Larabie (+1 905) 525.9140 Ext. 27575; gradcnm_at_mcmaster.ca
> http://csmm.humanities.mcmaster.ca/grad/index.html

Dr. David Ogborn, Assistant Professor
Communication Studies & Multimedia
Director, Cybernetic Orchestra