Re: [livecode] livecoding and gestural control

From: Konstantinos Vasilakos <k.vasilakos_at_keele.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 14:12:04 +0000

On 1 December 2013 13:57, Marije Baalman <nescivi_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have any footage of your work along the same fashion?

Hi, I have done some performances elaborating in the same strategies (live
hardcoded mapping), one is a an audio based representation of this method:
https://soundcloud.com/konstantinos_p_vasilakos/formations which basically
this is to show the huge potential to create variations of structure within
the musical context by changing the relationships of the controller with
the performance environment, and/or to manipulate the sound synthesis bits
itself in order to change the morphology of the sound.

The other is a performance I did with some dancers and jointly with another
laptop performer Shelly Knotts which you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pk1nmIAoQs
and this basically was elaborating in manipulating the signal of the wii
and again to change the mappings(range specs included).

There will be some thorough documentation for these and more on the
manipulative mapping in real time with live coding in due course of my PhD.

Thanks

--
Best
K.