Re: [livecode] Help needed for wikipedia page

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:42:00 +0100

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 01:21:41PM +0000, Dan S wrote:
> Nice tip! Thanks

You are welcome.

I trust you'll be able to find this, shout if you need details like
the ISBN.

One of the things that he studied that is especially relevant to the
stuff we were just talking about is the ability of turntablism to
express emotions. So; when we instruct the DJ to scratch in a "sad"
way, will the audience also perceive it as such? (spoiler; yes, but
not all emotions turn out to be very suitable). Stuff like that is
fairly straightforward to research but I think that kind of research
is sorely needed. I happen to know the Dutch dictionary definition of
acid-house by heart as I have it on the back of a T-shirt. This
explicitly claims that acid-house does not express emotions. No news
on how they concluded this but I'm fairly sure that's false.

Ok, this turned out to be more generally interesting, I'm CC-ing the
list.

Kas.