Re: [livecode] help - "future directions in live coding"

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:19:55 +0200

Juan;

So, now a little demo of my 'discarded' gui coding:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzufVRuGRs
>
> Haven't used it anymore since last year, but it still works.

I quite like it; looks elegant. It would probably make some things a lot
more clear to a audience of more traditional computer-based musicians too.
I'm not sure the gui looks more handy to me than the shortcut to expand the
pattern you define into a array of numbers though. I think I like that one
more, but that one is probably less transparent to a lay audience.

Maybe something like this would be most at home when shaping wave-shapes or
splines to be used for modulation or wave-shaping? With the right interface
and splines one could go back and forth between code and a graphical display
of a shape.

Anyway I was surprised how natural and coherent this appeared. Nice demo.

Kas.