Re: [livecode] help - "future directions in live coding"

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 21:01:40 +0200

On 4 July 2011 19:23, Jeff Rose <rosejn_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing I've been thinking about lately is integrating small bits of live
> instrumentals with live-coding. So for example, one thing I find tedious
> when live-coding is listing out sequences of notes or chords.

Wouldn't one potentially fun solution to that be working with a partner? You
could find a partner who might like to livecode just those things and send
you MIDI. You could even work with somebody using -say- a MPC or similar
sequencer that's especially well suited for live sequencing.

I also thought about the reverse; livecoding note sequences and sending
those to a partner with a modular synth and a MIDI->CV converter. IMHO a
hardware modular with a camera aimed at it (plus projection) could be
considered TOPLAP compliant.

Kas.