Re: [livecode] lmrfrms

From: Click Nilson <clicksonnil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:40:23 +0000

> IMHO there is quite enough electronic music that focuses on the beauty of "the machine"; countless odes to drum-machines and lovesongs to computers were written, with perhaps not enough emphasis on how we as people relate to them and interact with them.

nicely said.

For Wrongheaded, Matthew and I live code music theatre in a fight with each other and our machines, on some dramatic pretext. At the least, I hope it's clear some human beings are having a bit of fun somewhere amongst the instructions. It appears that one of Nilsonzombie's contemporary dance moves under computer/yee-king duress may be appearing this summer on the cover of a not-totally obscure art journal...

Lauren, thanks very much for posting the video. The painting around patch has great potential. Sometimes I was sad that aural gestures had less immediate visual consequences (e.g., the line hatching of the artist nearer the beginning not following a jolt a sudden sound with a sudden scrawl), but of course sometimes it's a strength of the considered response of the painter. 6m35 - 55 has the rudest electronic music gestures I've seen in a while. The action of the painter interacting with and constraining your patch development is very interesting; you must have felt hemmed in as the performance went on! And theatrically, count downs always strong...

cheers,