Re: [livecode] lmrfrms

From: Laurens van der Wee <l.vanderwee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:36:29 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your comments!

> On 3 mrt 2011, at 12:40, Click Nilson wrote:

> Laurens, thanks very much for posting the video. The painting around patch has great potential. Sometimes I was sad that aural gestures had less immediate visual consequences (e.g., the line hatching of the artist nearer the beginning not following a jolt a sudden sound with a sudden scrawl), but of course sometimes it's a strength of the considered response of the painter.

I think this is something that has to crystallize in the months ahead. As said, it's also fresh to us and since we do not necessarily approach this thing from a live coding point of view (the collaboration is much more like your typical rock band than an academic project in which we want to try something 'new'), it still has to become clear whether we want these things to be one-to-one, or that we choose a slightly more abstract approach. (It will be a mix, that's for sure.)

> 6m35 - 55 has the rudest electronic music gestures I've seen in a while.

:-) Yes, some details still have to be fine-tuned.

> The action of the painter interacting with and constraining your patch development is very interesting; you must have felt hemmed in as the performance went on!

Well, to be honest, for that I would need much more patching. Strangely enough, I found myself changing sliders much more than actually patching new synthesis/effects. I think it's because of the amount of stuff that's already going on. Also something we have to consider some more.

> And theatrically, count downs always strong...

Yep, I love them.

Thanks again, cheers,

laurens.

> cheers,