Re: [livecode] live coding submissions at icmc - mpeg-4 only

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:46:26 +0100

> Please, let's calm down, this isn't an us-vs-them situation, just an
> institutional inertia-laden setup that needs to be fixed. The ICMC
> panel is not normally expected to make decisions based on the
> decisions that Huddersfield's IT team makes about their webserver.

No, I assume that IT team is in charge of facilitating the operation of the
ICMC panel. So far they -apparently- haven't yet been made aware of the
particular needs of this panel and the extremely unsuitable nature of Linux
servers in the review process.

The rule is "no free software in the review process", a odd but quite clear
rule. This means either no email using their current system, no Darwin, etc,
as well as no ogg, or it means facing inconsistency and the review process
not occurring according to the set parameters.

I take it are set repercussions for wanton neglect of claimed standards of
the review process in academic circles, like there are for things like
plagiarism.

Kas.