Re: [livecode] live coding submissions at icmc - mpeg-4 only

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 14:20:33 +0100

> Also I note again that Pierre likes, uses and releases free software
> himself. He just has misgivings about its broad usability, and
> therefore suitability for this task. I don't agree with that, but
> believe the decision has been made with some consideration, and see
> how it's too late to be changed for this year.

Yes, I understand that was the choice made. I tried to support this choice
by pointing out what other elements of the process it will affect. I made
helpful suggestions like pointing out that with a sponsorship by MS they
might be able to pull it off in time.

I also helpfully pointed out that being careless about this important and
clearly irreversible choice might have repercussions before anything went
irreversibly wrong.

Oh, well.
Kas.