Re: [livecode] live coding submissions at icmc - mpeg-4 only

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 00:03:40 +0100

Alex;

Yes and although I don't want to quote him out of context, it wasn't
> implied, Pierre was quite explicit in saying he thought all free
> software was buggy and time wasting.

Really? That does make one wonder how he makes his music (assuming he does).
I suppose you could say that CS SC PD and CK are all crap and that now you
are going to implement your own thing in assembler on a Cray.... but that
would mean finding a closed source assembler (do modern ones exist?). Maybe
I've gone out of touch with the rest of the world but this is getting a bit
surreal to me.

> Yes that would be a nice thing to do, I'd be happy to join in. Maybe
> it could even be done this year? I've got loads on this week though.
>
> Me too, How about not rushing. How about having a de-centralised & open
process, then publishing not as a "paper" but on individual websites? I
believe that for all of the (serious) flaws in modern media the typical aim
of a post to the "web 2.0" (I hate the term) might in a way be peer review.
Do any ICMC publications even result in any proper flame wars? Once TOPLAP
(members) start following rules we may as well quit; I'd like to
re-iterate my opinion that we express ourselves through editing rules, then
see what happens and who might be touched.

Yours,
Kas.