[livecode] new game?

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 22:22:43 +0200

Dear list,

I just noticed this game; http://games.lego.com/en-us/products/3844.aspx

Basically it's pictionairy, except with Lego bricks. Looks like a
stimulating thing to play*. This then leads to new ideas; perhaps we could
do the same thing synthesising sounds, sending players words like "bird",
"rain", "fireworks", "dog", "space-ship", etc, and having them try to
synthesise the sounds those things make. I like this because it has the
competitive element to push people a bit (I still agree with Marcel on that)
yet it also encourages creativity over just "fat beats" (as competing for
applause tends to do) and yet it could also be played across systems (unlike
the game of picking random linguistic constructs). As far as I'm concerned
owners of hardware modulars (and big cars....) could play. Conceivably this
could be played between graphical and sound-based systems as well, provided
the "cards" are adapted to that.

Yours,
Kas.

*see http://www.pawfal.org/dave/blog/2010/07/leikkia-pelata-soittaa-play/ for