Re: [livecode] new game?

From: Laurens van der Wee <l.vanderwee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:42:31 +0200

Let's try that.

I've been involved in Marcel's thing a couple of times and I feel
that it's an excellent approach with one major drawback: if you don't
do it very often, it's seductive to prepare and perform, hoping that
you'll be better, rather than compete. So a (beforehand unknown)
subject might force you to be really creative. Although I'd be more
interested in the more abstract categories of the Pictionary game: to
sonify 'American Civil War' or 'democracy' seem to be more
interesting than 'car' or 'computer'.
Secondly, and I'm not sure what to think of that, the audience will
have a different frame of reference. They will judge you differently,
since they have for sure a frame of reference.
Lastly, normally you really have to have the same tools, preparing
subpatchers or equivalents are not allowed, all from scratch. In this
case though, that might also become less important, especially since
your not limiting yourself anymore to programming (environments).

l.