Re: [livecode] Avseq

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:42:48 +0200

> It reminds me a lot of Rez (that's a compliment), but in a 2.5D
> fashion (also a compliment).

I second this, with a hint of Fantavision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpfhozTOivA&feature=related

Fantavision I bought solely because of the very unusual gameplay and the
design.... but sadly it's not a very good game, at least I didn't keep
playing it. Part of my problem with it is a lack of integration of the
elements. Adding Rez-style quantisation to the sound effects would have made
it a lot better, I think.

This sequencer/game/interface/artwork deals with that, so that's good. I'd
say there are interesting bits to Fantavision that could be "borrowed", like
the funky control scheme.

Another thing this reminds me of a bit (mainly in the styling) is Every
Extend Extra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtmysdsUYA&feature=related

Both EEE and Fantavision use chain reactions, while this doesn't (and
neither does Rez). Chain reactions might be both musically and graphically
interesting and create a larger link between the 2d layout and the musical
options. I also suspect that some degree of difficulty would make this keep
the attention for longer but it might be hard to implement "difficulty" in a
musically sensible way while keeping enough options for musical expression
open.

I love the styling and would appreciate updates and more info.

Yours,
Kas.