Re: [livecode] google summer of code

From: Artem Baguinski <artm_at_v2.nl>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:38:28 +0100

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM, gabor papp <gabor.lists_at_mndl.hu> wrote:
>> The question is do any supercollider/chuck/fluxus people have some ideas
>> to contribute and the time to do so?  It's kind of all or nothing I
>> think.
> i'm in for fluxus. i don't have much time these days, but i think it's
> really important to apply. we have a list of planned tasks for fluxus
> here: http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?group=fluxus
> most of them are probably not big enough for a student project, but they
>  can be used as a basis. some of them can fit better like improving the
> audio system to have more than 16 fft bins, and to add beat detection.

I would like to mentor improving the editor (related task:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?8316), REPL and context driven help
by cleverly integrating a toolkit / into a toolkit.

I think this task is stretchable enough to fill a summer: think
auto-complete / API reference as you type, cut and paste with other
applications, REPL/error stream on the same screen as the script
editor etc and all that without cluttering the rendering window with
"widgets" and without breaking record/playback functionality.

I have my ideas how this could be approached but I'm open for discussion.

--
cheers,
artm