Re: [livecode] Informal survey : which soft for livecoding ? (Please read ! )

From: Kassen <signal.automatique_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:42:18 +0100

> 1 - Which software (or language) do you use for livecoding ? (if several,
> ranked by preference plz)

ChucK.

> 2 - Which software (or language) did you ever try for livecoding ?

 ChucK; I like it. I play it for my own pleasure, played it in "chamber"
settings as well as on more formal stages

Fluxus; Loved playing with it while listening to CD's (that were also fed
into it). Nice language, nice interface, I need to get back to this and come
to grips with it all properly. Only played it for my own pleasure privately.

Various modular systems; I feel these can be a equivalent to "code" given
enough logic modules. "optimisation" becomes a very real question if you
have only so many logic gates. I especially want to mention the joys of
collaborate "programming" on larger hardware ones and the interesting
data-collisions in such contexts on bus-based routing schemes like on the
Arp 2500.

SuperCollider; a great system for livecoding, I love what others do with it
but I had to give it up before I got to a stage I'd call livecoding in any
sense of the word as SC's way of thinking didn't seem to be mine. I should
try again.

Yours,
Kas.